Going on vacation in a couple of weeks has got me thinking about what absolute essentials I need to look my best throughout the week. I also have been narrowing down pieces that I know may be extra weight and pieces that can help lighten the wright of my suitcase. Here's what I think should be in every trendy travelers suitcase!
1. Denim button down: Perfect for a beach cover-up when there is breeze. Pair it with print linen shorts for downtown shopping. Layer it over a maxi dress at a night dinner.
2. Cat eye sunglasses: My favorite shape of shades! They look so effortlessly chic and classic that they enhance any outfit.
3. Bold clutch: A bold clutch is perfect for light packing and even more perfect for making a huge impact on a simple outfit.
4. Bright bikini: Although neutrals are great when trying to pack light, a bright bathing suit is more than perfect for the beach. I think it makes your skin glow by enhancing your tan. Something cute like the fringe adds a playful island feel.
5. Printed scarf: Not only will a scarf help ward off an island breeze, it also can act as a shall or sarong making it a multi-fucntional piece. A print adds a little life to your outfit and also looks great with another print!
6. Neutral wedges: If you bring anything, bring neutral wedges. They go with EVERYTHING! You can dress them up or down, wear them to the beach or wear them on the town. I think that they are so versatile and worthy of suitcase space.
7. Maxi dress: There's something about a maxi dress that I think goes so well an island vacation. Like the wedges, you can dress it up or down and either wear it to the beach or the town. You could even wear it comfortably on the plane!
Without a doubt all of these pieces will be in my suitcase!